#visitlesvos

Aghia Paraskevi

Description

Aghia Paraskevi is a sizeable, coherent settlement built in a land basin surrounded by low hills averaging 98 m in altitude. It is in the middle of the island, north of Kalloni Bay, approximately 40 km from Mytilini. The entire settlement combines farm and urban houses built in accordance with the traditional Lesvian architecture, interspersed with traditional coffee houses and attractive grocery shops. Built in 1910, the old community olive oil press stands out at the entrance to the village. It now houses the Olive Museum. Other buildings include the neoclassical style School Building with its beautiful yard, the City Hall built in 1930 and the Pammegistoi Taxiarches Churche with its exquisite bell tower.


Αγία Παρασκευή


Region Aghia Paraskevi

Our photography collection

Don't forget to visit!