#visitlesvos

The Girl’s School of Mytilini

Description

The building of the Girls’ School of Mytilini is in the historic city center of Mytilini. This is a building with notable neoclassical elements mainly in the decoration of the stone-built central entrance. Its cross-section is rectangular with absolute symmetry of the window openings on both floors. The grand wooden staircase is an interesting element of the building’s interior. The Girls’ School was built in 1899, rightfully regarded at that time a historic milestone in the education of women of Mytilini, with the financial support of local benefactor Z. Vournazos. We do not know the name of the architect. At present the building houses the Second Junior High School and the Fourth Elementary School of Mytilini.


Region Mytilini

Our photography collection

Don't forget to visit!