#visitlesvos

The Olive Press at Aghia Paraskevi

Description

The Olive Oil Press Building at Aghia Paraskevi is a stone structure, a characteristic example of industrial architecture. It dates back to 1910 and used to operate as a community enterprise until 1967. With the support of the Prefecture of Lesvos, the olive press was restored in 1987 and turned into a museum. The building and its mechanical equipment were tastefully restored. Thus, the visitor has the opportunity to become acquainted with the factory processes on exhibit in the museum and the transition from steam power to petrol power energy. At the same time, one may become familiar with the everyday life of olive oil press laborers. Finally, the central building recounts the basic stages in olive oil production and the old olive storage areas exhibit the entire work cycle of olive oil production.


Region Aghia Paraskevi

Our photography collection

Don't forget to visit!